A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer`s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, you may find that some aspects of the website stop working or work less well if you do this. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
Popular browser cookie settings:
Your privacy is of real importance to us and we want all of our customers to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. The definition of processing is broad, and incorporates concepts such as ‘obtaining’, ‘holding’ and ‘disclosing’ personal data.
Use of Personal Information
- We will never send unsolicited emails, and we will only send you information about our own services (or for feedback on our services).
- We will never disclose information regarding our clients to third parties unless the client has first given their consent (or purely for feedback on our services).
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the client (and can be passed onto the property owner or caretaker for information). This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our system automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 127.0.0.1. This information is stored in our database log and may be referred to in case of any dispute.
What Information we collect
- Information you give us by completing forms on our website, contacting us via telephone or email or via competitions.
- Historic information such as bookings (where you stayed, what date, cost of stay, party size and whether a pet stayed with you) and feedback that you leave on our site about your stay.
- Communication information, such as email address, phone number and other information collected, used only for the provision of our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- When you visit our website we collect user information via cookies, though personal information is not collected in this manner.
- Calls may be recorded to improve our processes and protect the interests of both parties (they will never be passed onto third party companies).
Payment Service Providers
- Payments are collected online or over the phone through 3rd party payment providers to ensure that your transactions are secure. We do not save any of these details.
- Payment information and details are stored by PayPal or Sagepay both worldwide, trusted payment brands.
You may ask us at any time to:
- Stop sending you marketing material. To change your marketing preferences, please email email@example.com , or (write to us at) Toad Hall Cottages, Elliott House, Church St, Kingsbridge TQ7 1BY
- Send you a copy of any personal data that we (Toad Hall Cottages) hold.
- Delete your personal data, where we are required to do so by law.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at https://ico.org.uk/