Please read the booking conditions carefully. You must agree to these before completing the booking form.
Reservations for accommodation are accepted by Toad Hall Cottages, on behalf of the property owners, on the following conditions:
1. The contract of hire is between the hirer (guest) and the property owner, except in the case of Talland Bay properties where the contract of hire is between the hirer (guest) and the management of The Bay, Talland. Toad Hall Cottages act only as agents.
2. The contract of hire is deemed to have been made once a deposit of one third of the holiday price (or total amount if within 6 weeks of commencement of the holiday) has been paid and confirmation of booking has been despatched by Toad Hall Cottages to the guest.
3. The balance payment is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences. If the balance is not received by the date due on the booking confirmation, Toad Hall Cottages, at their discretion, reserves the right to make the property available for re-booking. This does not release the guest from their obligation. It is possible to secure bookings by telephone using a Credit, Debit Card or Internet Bank transfer. (See General Information, para C).
The following payment methods are accepted:
3a. A surcharge of 0.85% (1.9% for American Express) will be added for guests wishing to pay the balance or total payment by Credit Card or International Maestro. A 1.9% (for UK payments), 2.4% (European payments) and 3.7% (rest of world) surcharge will be added for guests wishing to pay the balance or total payment by Paypal. No surcharge is made for deposits or payment by Debit Card. For bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to arrival the total amount is payable plus extras (if applicable).
4. Properties are available for occupation from 3pm (occasionally later) on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10am on the last day. The licence from the owners shall permit the guest and members of the guest’s party as shown on the booking confirmation (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. No more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure or website property description may occupy a property unless by prior written agreement with Toad Hall Cottages. Extra charges may be applicable. Owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. The owners and Toad Hall Cottages reserve the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which they consider to be unsuitable for the property. Due respect and consideration to neighbours must be observed at all times. Large group bookings may only be accepted by special arrangement. The guest may only bring such pets as are mentioned on the booking confirmation, they must be house trained, clean, up to date with flea prevention treatment, well behaved, kept on a lead at all times and never be left unattended in the property, unless by prior, private arrangement with the property owner. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the property. Neither the agents nor the owners can accept responsibility for their safety. A weekly charge will be made. “No Pets” in a description may not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property.
5. The guest must keep the property clean and in good order and will be responsible for any damages or breakages. During the period of occupation the guest is responsible for the care of the property and its contents. It is expected that guests treat the property with the respect that they treat their own and leave the property and its fixtures and fittings in a clean and tidy condition, including correct disposal of rubbish/waste for recycling, if applicable, and disposal of dog mess from gardens/grounds. Owners, caretakers or Toad Hall Cottages reserve the right on behalf of the owner to charge a security deposit of a minimum of £50, normally payable to Toad Hall Cottages. This deposit will be refunded to the guest the week following the holiday, but a deduction will be made for any breakages or damages done to the property or if it is not left in a clean and tidy condition, including correct rubbish/waste disposal, dog mess removal or any untoward expenses. Where Toad Hall Cottages accept security deposits they do so as agents. Toad Hall Cottages cannot act as arbitrator in any dispute between the owner and the guest over the security deposit. Such disputes shall be settled directly with the owner, for whose actions Toad Hall Cottages cannot accept responsibility.
6. Once a booking has been confirmed by Toad Hall Cottages it can only be changed to either another property or different dates by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see Para 11). A £50 re-booking charge will be payable. The choice of property is ultimately the responsibility of the guest.
7. Toad Hall Cottages have carefully inspected the standard of facilities in all properties but cannot accept responsibility for any changes made by the owner since the inspection, or failure by the owner to keep the property dry, clean and in good repair. In the unlikely event of a complaint the guest should immediately contact the owner or caretaker. If a satisfactory solution is not attained the guest should contact Toad Hall Cottages immediately, whereupon Toad Hall Cottages will endeavour to resolve the problem amicably. Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the guest and the owner. Toad Hall Cottages shall not be liable for any claims by the guest or the property owner. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property.
8. Neither Toad Hall Cottages nor the owners shall be liable to the guest or any member of the guest’s party for any injury, loss or damage to their property or person, however caused. Guests should ensure that all personal possessions are removed on departure from the property. Toad Hall Cottages, owners and caretakers reserve the right to dispose of any guests’ personal belongings after the departure day of the guests from the property without further reference to the guests. See General Information para J.
9. Toad Hall Cottages reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel on behalf of the owner any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc.) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. Neither Toad Hall Cottages nor the owner shall be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs. (Note: In the unlikely event of a cancellation, Toad Hall Cottages will make every possible effort to secure alternative accommodation if required).
10. Bed linen, towels, tea towels, cots/travel cots, high chairs and stair gates may or may not be provided. (No cot linen/bedding provided.) Please check individual property descriptions carefully and paragraph L and M of the General Information.
11. Cancellation. When the holiday is booked, the guest is entering into a legally binding contract. If forced to cancel, for whatever reason, under the law, the guest will be liable for the cancellation charges Toad Hall Cottages have to make. Toad Hall Cottages operate a holiday cancellation protection plan through Schofields, which is underwritten by a consortium of Lloyds Syndicates (this policy is only applicable to UK?based citizens under the age of 81), whereby full payment, less a £50 administration charge, is refunded in the event of cancellation due to death, injury or illness of any member of the party or of their UK based close relatives under the age of 81 (husband, wife, father, mother, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother, sister and children, or business associates, partner or co-director); or due to a summons for jury service of any member of the party.
The cancellation plan does not cover World Health Organisation notified pandemics.
The cancellation plan does not cover illness or injury insufficiently serious to prevent the person taking the holiday. The guest will not be paid for a medical condition for which, at the time of paying for the protection plan, any member of the party: a) is receiving in-patient treatment or is on a waiting list for in-patient treatment. b) has received a terminal prognosis. c) is intending to travel against the advice of a qualified medical practitioner or is intending to obtain medical treatment during the period of the holiday. d) illness or medical conditions known at the time of making the booking.
The Cancellation Protection Plan does not cover death, injury, illness or disablement resulting from or connected with pregnancy or childbirth where the expected date of birth is before, or within twelve weeks of the expiry of the period.
Cancellations must be notified in writing to the agents within ten days of the event causing the cancellation, together with the appropriate medical or jury service certificate. Provided the terms of the holiday cancellation protection plan are met in full, no further payment is due and all previous payments will be refunded less the £50 administration charge. The cancellation protection plan terminates on the day the holiday starts.
Should the cancellation be for reasons not covered by the plan, the booking is forfeit and the balance is still payable on the due day. The agents will immediately endeavour to re-let the property (at a discount if the cancellation is 21 days before the holiday is due to start) and if successful will refund the deposit and balance less any expenses incurred in re-letting. The expenses incurred in re-letting shall be at the discretion of Toad Hall Cottages. The total amount payable will not exceed liability for accommodation.
The premium for the cancellation protection plan is included in the rent. Prospective guests (not those residing outside UK) are automatically covered on acceptance of their booking.
12. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside our control.
13. Toad Hall Cottages cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies in any of its properties. Property descriptions and all details written (and verbal) both in our brochures and on our websites are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to amend our property details and prices quoted on the internet due to error or omission. In this unlikely event the potential guest will be notified immediately and may cancel their provisional booking accordingly. Neither Toad Hall Cottages or owners can be held responsible for any 3rd party breakdowns, malfunctions or cuts of utility services such as electricity, gas, water supplies, sewage disposal although every attempt will be made to remedy a problem where possible should it occur. In the case of television and telecommunications (mobile reception, wifi/broadband, telephone etc.) neither Toad Hall Cottages nor owners can be held responsible for the services to the properties. While Toad Hall Cottages and owners expect these services to be operating as normal for all guests’ enjoyment these can be subject to interruptions especially in rural areas. Every line of enquiry will be made with the provider in an effort to resume service but no refund or relocation will be considered for interruptions to telecommunications or television.
14. In the unlikely event of a complaint Toad Hall Cottages reserves the right to refer it to arbitration under the auspices of the English Association of Self Catering Operators (EASCO).
15. Legal. In the event of any dispute between the parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Courts only and any action shall be heard in the Court for the area in which the property is situated. Any contract shall be governed by English Law and interpretation.
16. All photographs and property descriptions are the property of Toad Hall Cottages and cannot be used for any purpose whatsoever by any other party unless by prior written authority of Toad Hall Cottages.
These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.