- Property code: WFSTA
- Changeover day: Saturday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
- Washing machine
Stable Cottage is one of three holiday cottages recently converted by the owners of this working livestock farm. The farm, which has been in the same family for over 100 years, is located along a private lane in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the outskirts of the village of Awliscombe, East Devon. The village is about 3 miles north of the busy market town of Honiton, famous for its antique shops and lace making and offering a good selection of cafes, pubs and restaurants.Set in an absolutely wonderful rural location on a working farm on the edge of the Blackdown Hills, the cottage has been sympathetically restored, retaining much of the character of the original building. The provision of a cosy wood burner and an environmentally-friendly under floor heating system make this a great choice for out-of-season breaks too.This property has recently received a prestigious VisitEngland 4 Star Gold Award for quality of accommodation and customer service. Also see property references WFPEAR and WFAPPL in this location.
The beautiful Jurassic coast of East Devon and West Dorset is easily accessible by car; the popular coastal resorts of Sidmouth and Lyme Regis are both within 30 minutes drive. A wide range of local attractions will appeal to those of all ages including the gardens and maze at Escot, the Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth and the Playdome (a children's all-weather play centre) in nearby Honiton. The Otter Inn and the Honiton Inn at Awliscombe, both serving food and real ale are also within a mile and half of the farm.
Ground floor: Lounge with TV/DVD and wood burner. Dining room. Fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine - door to enclosed garden. Shower/wet room with w.c. First floor: Bedroom 1: with double bed and a single bed. Bedroom 2: with double bed. Bathroom with shower over bath and w.c.
Guests also have the use of a games room (shared with the other properties onsite) that houses a table tennis and snooker table.
Fenced garden at rear with lawn, patio and furniture. There is a large enclosed garden backing onto a small orchard leading to open farmland and woods. Dogs should be accompanied when in the garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
- Included: Bed linen (you are welcome to bring your own towels or they can be provided for the cottage if requested when booking). Please bring your own beach towels if required. Underfloor central heating and logs for the wood burner included. Cot, highchair and stair gate provided. Wifi available. Access to tumble dryer if required
- Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge: £25.00 per pet per week (£30.00 from Jan 2019). Dogs must be kept on the lead around the farm.
- Local facilities: Sidmouth Beach 12 miles, Pub 1 mile. Shop 3 miles.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.