- Property code: WFAPPL
- Changeover day: Friday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
Apple Tree Cottage is one of three holiday cottages recently converted by the owners of this working livestock farm. The farm, which has been in the same family for over 100 years, is located along a private lane in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the outskirts of the village of Awliscombe, East Devon. The village is about 3 miles north of the busy market town of Honiton, famous for its antique shops and lace making and offering a good selection of cafes, pubs and restaurants.This attractive stone cottage has been transformed from a farm building into very high quality holiday accommodation. Set in an absolutely wonderful rural location on the edge of the Blackdown Hills, the cottage has been sympathetically restored, retaining much of the character of the original building. The recent conversion means that the cottage benefits from the added comforts of a pristine new bathroom and a convenient shower/wet room as well as a modern fitted kitchen including a dishwasher. The cottage has one kingsize, one double and two single bedrooms allowing for plenty of flexibility. The double bedroom is on the ground floor with a shower/wet room adjacent, making this property a very good option for parties that include someone with limited mobility. The provision of a cosy wood burner and an environmentally-friendly under floor heating system make this a great choice for out-of-season breaks too. Outside there is a large, enclosed private garden area backing onto a small orchard leading to open farmland and woods. This property has recently received a prestigious VisitEngland 4 Star Gold Award for quality of accommodation and customer service. Also see property references WFSTA and WFPEAR in this location.
The beautiful Jurassic coast of East Devon and West Dorset is easily accessible by car; the popular coastal resorts of Sidmouth and Lyme Regis are both within 30 minutes drive. A wide range of local attractions will appeal to those of all ages including the gardens and maze at Escot, the Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth and the Playdome (a children's all-weather play centre) in nearby Honiton. The Otter Inn and the Honiton Inn at Awliscombe, both serving food and real ale are also within a mile and half of the farm.
Semi-detached cottage on two floors. Ground floor: Entrance hall leading to open plan living area including lounge with TV/DVD and wood burner. Dining area, fitted kitchen with electric oven & hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Bedroom 1: with double bed. Shower/wet room with W.C. First floor: Bedroom 2: with 5ft bed. Bedroom 3: with a single bed. Bedroom 4: with single bed. Bathroom with shower over bath and W.C.
Guests also have the use of a games room (shared with the other properties onsite) that houses a table tennis and snooker table.
Fenced garden at rear with lawn, patio and furniture. Dogs should be accompanied when in the garden.
Parking for 2 or 3 cars.
- Included: Bed linen, (you are welcome to bring your own towels or they can be provided for the cottage if requested when booking). Please bring your own beach towels if required. Under floor central heating and logs for the wood burner included. Travel cot, highchair and stair gate available on request at time of booking. Wi-Fi access included. Shared laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer. No smoking.
- Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge:£25.00 per pet per week (£30.00 from Jan 2019). Please note that as this is a working farm dogs must be kept on leads around the farm.
- Local facilities: Pub: 1 mile. Shop: 3 miles. Beach: Sidmouth 12 miles.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.