- Property code: THELIN
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Access statement available
- Near beach
- Central heating
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short breaks available
- Washing machine
New property launch for the 2020 Season
This well presented cottage with its vaulted ceilings and modern design holds a character and charm that makes it very appealing for a holiday near the sea. Conveniently located just a short stroll from the beach and cafe, this pretty end of terrace stone cottage is both comfortable and charming. Positioned close to the National Trust meadows and local attractions and overlooking the village square in the reputable the longest village in the country. There is a timeless magic about this old village and the property is close to the Masons Arms, a very reputable pub serving excellent food.
The village of Branscombe is found on the South coast of Devon and is one of the most relaxing and picturesque villages on the Jurassic Coastline. Here you will find pretty rows of thatched cottages and it is believed to be the longest village in the country where the streets sweep down through the stunning valley to the sea. The village has a number of historic buildings, the Old Bakery and Forge, both National Trust properties. Inside the Old Bakery you will find yourself surrounded by history, while the thatched forge is thought to be the oldest working of its kind in England. Branscombe has walks that cater for all abilities, immediately from the front door with beautiful historical strolls or cliff-top hikes and views out to sea.
Front door to small lobby. Stairs to first floor Open plan living design. Sitting room area with two sofas, TV, dining table and chairs and stable door with small balcony. Fitted kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge with ice box. Stairs from lobby to lower ground floor bedroom area. Bedroom 1 with Kingsize 5ft bed. Bedroom 2 with twin 3ft single beds. Family bathroom with small shower cubicle and bath. Separate WC and wash basin.
There is no garden but the first floor living area has a small balcony and stable door which can be opened and enjoyed. Although there is no outside space with the cottage, directly across the road is the Masons Arms with its sunny beer garden for coffees, drinks, lunch and dinner. And with the beach just 10 mins walk away via a footpath through idyllic countryside you are not far from the outdoors.
There is free street parking directly opposite the property and in the nearby square and surrounding lanes. There is also a public car park 5 minutes walk from the property, charges apply.
- Included: All bed linen and towels, (please bring your own beach towels), WiFi, electricity, central heating.
- Telephone: Mobile signal is poor. A landline is provided for emergencies and incoming calls only.
- Pets: One well behaved medium sized dog welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge: £30.00 per week.
- Local facilities: Beach: 500m and within easy walking distance from the property. National trust Cafe at the beach. Dog Friendly Pubs: Masons Arms directly opposite and The Fountain Head Pub, is 1 mile. Shops in Seaton: 5 miles. Beer: 2.2 miles. Sidmouth: 7 miles.
- No Smoking
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.