- Property code: EHLINH
- Changeover day: Friday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
- Washing machine
The Linhay, a superb new detached cottage offering very high quality holiday accommodation in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is just a short drive from the coast and has been thoughtfully designed, all on one floor, to offer everything you could wish for in a comfortable and relaxing holiday property. Situated in a quiet location away from main roads, a mile or so from the attractive market town of Ottery St Mary, and only about 10 minutes drive from the pretty seaside town of Sidmouth, this attractive property is nestled on a sheltered hillside in the grounds of the welcoming owners' home, and has outstanding views across the Otter Valley and far beyond. All-day sunshine and beautiful sunsets can also be enjoyed from the private west-facing patio and garden. As well as two spacious en suite bedrooms (one of which can be made-up as either a super-king size room or a twin room), the cottage includes a bright and airy open plan living area with a wood burner and benefits from stunning views across the Otter Valley with French windows opening on to a spacious private patio with steps down to the garden. The surrounding area is a haven for walkers and cyclists with a network of local footpaths and bridleways inviting guests to explore the local woods and fields. Outstanding features of this property are the wonderful, peaceful setting and the open aspect with fabulous far-reaching views.
This is the perfect location from which to explore the Jurassic coast, the lovely seaside town of Lyme Regis is about twenty-five minutes drive away. For those wishing to explore a little further afield Dartmoor, Exmoor and the beautiful countryside of West Dorset are all within easy driving distance. Guests with very young children should be aware that there is an accessible, uncovered pond in the neighbouring owners' garden.
One well behaved dog welcome.
Detached cottage on one floor. Ground floor: Open-plan living area with 2 comfortable sofas, TV (with Freeview) and DVD, wood burner, dining area, open plan fitted kitchen with electric oven and gas hob, fridge with icebox (additional freezer space available on request), microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Bedroom 1 with 5ft king size bed and en suite shower room with a shower cubicle and W.C. Bedroom 2 with 3ft twin beds (or super-king size bed - request when booking if required) and en suite bathroom with a bath, shower over bath and W.C.
Patio area with barbecue and furniture (a few steps down to) garden with lawn. Dogs should be accompanied when in the garden.
Off-road, covered parking for two cars.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (please bring own beach towels), WiFi, first basket of logs and central heating. Travel cot and high chair available on request at time of booking. If you would like the second bedroom to be made up with a super-king size bed please request when booking.
- Pets: One well behaved dog welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge:£25.00 per pet per week (£30.00 from Jan 2019).
- No smoking.
- Local facilities: Shop: 2 miles. Pub: 2 miles. Beach: Sidmouth 6 miles
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available from October to March (excluding school holidays). From April to September short breaks can only be booked where there is very late availability.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.