- Property code: BWLINH
- Changeover day: Friday
- Designated parking
- Real fire
- Short Breaks available
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
Short Breaks available all year at this property.
The Linhay, Bolham Water is set to a marvellous backdrop of English countryside in one of the finest landscapes in Britain known as the Blackdown Hills, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Offering all the modern comforts of home. A fabulous cottage, welcoming and furnished to a high standard with everything you would need for a memorable holiday. This delightful cottage has a well equipped kitchen/diner which leads through to a comfortable and inviting lounge with a wood burner and unlimited logs and fuel to make for a cosy retreat in the country.
'Optional extra, put up on demand only' a Lay-Z-hot tub can be provided at the extra cost of £35 for short breaks and £55 for a week stay, two week stay £70. This must be booked and paid in advance. Please note that this is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
Linhay enjoys a stunning 'tucked away' location in the heart of the Blackdown Hills. Idyllic, unspoilt and enjoying tremendous privacy and seclusion with an enclosed garden and field extending to 6 acres. The area is perfect for dog lovers and the property allows the freedom to roam in the owners field immediatley adjacent. The location offers miles of footpaths and bridleways and has a feel of adventure and exploration with the addition of two pubs easily reached by foot. For the keen hiker and dog lover there is Wellington Monument and Beacon to be reached, a very enjoyable 6 mile round trip. In addition there is a small castle and amenities at Hemyock village and the owner is delighted to supply local eggs from her small holding nearby and happy to let any guests' children visit the sheep, wallabies, ducks and pigs. There are centuries of history to discover from Iron Age hillforts to World War Two sites and famous Landmarks in between. If peace and quiet, along with stunning landscapes and a little star gazing is the holiday you desire, the Linhay will deliver a great experience.
Entrance hallway leads to the comfy living room with leather sofa, armchair, Flat-screen 40inch TV, DVD, woodburner and Sky watcher telescope. Views of the surrounding countryside. The well equipped Kitchen diner is fitted with table and chairs, new kitchen units, Smeg double oven, gas hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave and dishwasher. Stairs to Bedroom 1 with King sized bed and flat screen TV/DVD. Bedroom 2 with two 3ft single beds and flat screenTV/DVD . Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
A patio and garden is securely fenced for dogs and children to play. There is wooden outdoor seating and dining tables on two areas of the garden. Two Sunbeds with small table, BBQ charcoal, fresh herbs in plant pots around the garden. Stunning south facing views across the Blackdown Hills.
Private parking for 2 cars on the gravel driveway with additional parking to the rear of the property with also outside eclectic socket for charging of eclectic cars/bikes or any other leisure item.
- Included: All bed linen and towels, (please bring your own beach towels), WiFi, electricity, economy 7 electrical heating, unlimited supply of logs for wood burner. Cot and high chair.
- 'Optional extra, put up on demand only' a Lay-Z-hot tub can be provided at the extra cost of £35 for short breaks and £55 for a week stay, two week stay £70. This must be booked and paid in advance. If you have booked a holiday and wish to book this at a later date a 'weeks notice' must be given, please. Please note that this is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- Pets: Up to three medium sized well behaved dogs welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge:£25.00 per pet per week (£30.00 from Jan 2019).
- Smoking: Not permitted.
- Telephone: Mobile reception fair to good depending upon network.
- Local Facilities: Hemyock village of a 2 miles drive with post office/shop, Spar Shop, doctors surgery and vet practice. Beaches: Sidmouth 18 miles, Beer and Branscombe 20 miles or 30 minutes drive; Supermarkets of Waitrose and Asda 7 miles of at Wellington.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.